Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

"It's Moving!"

Everyone asks us if we think Brady understands that I'm pregnant and that he is going to be a big brother. When we ask him what's in Mommy's belly he will say "baby in Mommy's belly!" But he'll almost always add, "baby in MY belly!" So we don't think he quite gets it, but there have been some really cute moments. A few months ago I was laying on the couch and I said, "Ooo, Brady the baby's kicking! That's neat. I can feel her in my belly." He wagged his little finger at my belly and said, "No kick Mommy!" Okay, so the baby concept is not quite there, but perhaps the physical intolerance concept is developing? :)

Last night, the Littlest Luhring was moving a lot (as she often does...she especially seems to respond to Brady's little voice. It's very cute.). I took Brady's hand and put it on my belly and said, "The baby's moving. Can you feel her?" When she did poke at his little hand, he withdrew it immediately and almost seemed to give me an "eww. That was weird" kind of face. Anyway, so I thought nothing of this sibling sensory experience until I picked Brady up from daycare today and Adela is laughing and she says, "Do you know what Brady did today? He called me over, "Adela! Adela! Come!" I come over and he puts my hand on his belly and says, "It's moving! It's moving my belly!" LOL!

3 comments:

Amber said...

Sounds a wee bit like an Alien outtake, lol! So cute!

veronica said...

Ha, Ha!

Toby said...

OMG, that is a really cute story!