Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Brady's 2nd Birthday Party!

Despite the 2 feet of snow piled high outside, Brady still turned two today and we still had his birthday party tonight with 10 of his friends coming over to celebrate. Thank you all so much for coming! As Maureen put it, "Maya wouldn't let snow as tall as she is stop her from celebrating Brady's 2nd birthday with him!" haha! Totally awesome! Having his friends over really helped make his day special.

It was a little bit chaotic as we were waiting to hear from Grandma and Papa, whose Friday night flight was cancelled and re-booked for this evening. They arrived in the middle of the party. Originally, I'd planned for the kids to make ornaments, decorate Christmas cookies, and play. Also, I had planned on the PAPA-razzi capturing the event in pictures. (I'll now have to rely on the other parents for some party picts...I've already taken one from Hema- thanks!) So things didn't go quite as planned, but I think our birthday boy still had fun...and that's what mattered!

The party was filled with some of Brady's current favorite things including pizza, sweets (cookies and ice cream cake), a helicopter (that we put on top of his cake), dancing, jumping (in his castle from his last birthday), and his friends! What fun!
Happy Birthday Little Man!
We Love You So Much!




Playing football with Joshua...
This was hilarious to watch because it's obvious that both
boys' daddies play with them in similar ways. They each kept
saying things like, "Hut! Hut!" and "Go out for a pass!" and "Tackle!"
They were having so much fun!
I made his shirt that says, "I'm just 2 much" on the front and has a hand with 2 fingers up on the back. I should've taken pictures of him in it before he had a blast icing cookies and before all the letters started peeling off! :p

I took some short video of Mimi and the kids playing Ring Around the Rosie and of the dance party...but it was in the media room, which is dark and makes the quality a little grainy.

I'm hoping someone got a good straight shot of this picture (which I found on Papa's camera). It's adorable! I'd meant to try and take one of ALL the kids together, but again, chaos consumed me and my best laid plans went by the wayside! Oh well!

1 comment:

Courtney said...

it was such a fun party!!! you were so organized!