Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 18, 2010

What God Gave Us

What He gave us is two amazing little people who are a true delight! But this post is another that will document a sample of the verbal acuity Brady displays that amuses us daily.

This morning his thoughtfulness for his lil' sis was noted when he went to put his Crocs on and I said, "Brady, you might want to make another shoe choice. I think those are just too small for you." He said, "Yeah," and brought them to Sylvie and said, "Sewlvie, these are too small. These are for you now." sweet boy.

Here were my texts to Brett tonight, as I knew he'd have one of his, "That's my boy!" proud father moments upon reading them:
Brady, Sylvie, and I are playing football and your son just said, "I'm Tyrod Taylor. He's the winner!" hahahaha! (Tyrod is the Hokies' starting quarterback...and even I barely know that. Yet our almost 3 year old "is him" when we're playing football. Hilarious...but I think you've been drinking too much of Daddy's Kool-aid, kid!)

and then,
Next he's listing "the things God give us Mommy" (which was a discussion item at school today) and he says, "God give us football!" ...of course, "couch, blankets, and SnuggleTime" (his bear) all made the list too. lol! (since he was looking around and these things were in the family room)

Last topic-related note- when Brett and Brady are playing football, Brett will say, "Throw me the ball! I'm open!" to which Brady almost always responds, "No, you closed!" How's that for confirmation of understanding of opposites? ha!

No comments: