Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Business. Deal.

I often say, "Sylvie, that's not your business." when she's in to something she shouldn't be. Yesterday morning I heard this from an almost 3 year old, and it made me laugh out loud. The words were all correct, but his pronunciation has the slight pre-schooler dialect. I need to record it on video. It sounded like this:

"Sewlvie (I love how he says her name!), that not your bin-ness! That's MY bin-ness. And Mommy's bin-ness. Mommy, this is Not Sewlvie's bin-ness. This is my bin-ness and your bin-ness and Spiderman's bin-ness."

The above referenced "business" was his football. He, Spiderman, and I were playing football and Sylvie was trying to get in the game. It was funny b/c to him "business" is an object. So he points to his toys for example and say, "my bin-ness." Then points to Sylvie's stuffed animals and toys and say, "your bin-ness, Sewlvie."
***
I've grown to love the Diego theme song and Brady knows it's my fav. He often tells me it's coming on by calling, "Mommy, ooo aah!" (that's the beginning of the jungle-inspired song) Yesterday evening I was coming down the stairs as Diego was being introduced and Brady says so matter-of-factly, "I hope you don't miss your song Mommy."
***
This morning Brady said to me, "Mommy, when I'm finished with my Cheerios, then I can give you a kiss. Is that a deal?" LOL! I mean, what?! I know I say "not your business" and "I hope that you..." but I don't think I say "is that a deal?" It was Hilarious hearing it from him. And yes my sweet boy, that is a deal indeed!

Note: It seems Brady struck his first "deals" with Papa...that's where it came from. I found this out a few days later when I was telling Papa the story above. So funny!

1 comment:

mthaival said...

Amazing! Don't you just love (and sometimes cringe) when you hear your expressions "out of the mouths of babes"? Maya's equivalent to "your bin-ness" is "not you Kiki...only big girls". And this week her new expressions is, "What in the world?" (ad nauseam)...and she also randomly tacks "though" on to the end of pretty much every sentence. "I want geen beans though."