Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Step Right Up!

Sylvie has been taking one or two steps for the past couple of weeks. The most I had seen was 4 and then she falls down. Something clicked today and she got it...and I got it...on video. Perfect b/c Daddy is away at the Hokie game, and I know he'll want to see this. Brady was still napping (so I was able to give her all of my attention), but it was still hard to video b/c she wanted to come at me so I was trying to back up and focus the camera, but also trying to encourage her and deal with my emotional self- my baby is walking (!) sniff, sniff.

Here's video of how she stands up on her own. But often times (especially when she's in footie jammies and she's on the hardwood floor) she's unable to stop the splits and get moving forward. Still, pretty awesome that she gets up by herself.

I realized that the footies were impeding her. So maybe if I didn't have her wearing jammies all the time she would have walked even sooner?! So I got her dressed (finally @ 4 PM!) and then realized that I had put some pretty tight jeans on those cute little legs. oi! Way to overcome your obstacles, Sylvie! :)

1 comment:

PT and Mo said...

yeah Sylvie!! Congrats on your first steps!! You look so adorable in your jeans...like a big girl!!