Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween!

Buzz Lightyear and the Little Lamb



We took the cool sound piece from another Buzz Lightyear costume we had and added it to Brady's already super cool one so he had audio effects. Brett made him press the button at the houses and it was comical. His quiet, "Thank you" and "Happy Halloween" were followed by the press of the button and a bellowing "I am Buzz Lightyear!" or "To Infinity and Beyond!" Sylvie's costume was a hand-me-down from a neighbor and it was perfect. She was toasty warm and sat happily in her stroller swinging her legs and people-watching. She did not collect candy, but kept her brother company and visited some neighborhood friends to say Happy Halloween!

Brady's buddy next door, Riley, was also Buzz! SO fun!

The boys (Buzz, Daddy, and Papa) continued trick-or-treating while we girls came home so the little lamb could count sheep (sleep) :) and Grandma could hand out candy. Just 10 minutes after we got home, I heard the boys return. Papa reported that they were back b/c Brady said, "That's enough candy. I'm ready to go home now." When they asked him again if he wanted to get MORE candy, he replied, "No, I have enough." oh my, is this really my kid? Given that response to getting more free chocolate, I'm questioning it! lol! But I'm darn proud of his gratefulness and envious of his self control! :p

He had a Blast handing out candy. The picture on the right was taken before I got outside and he's handing out lollipops sparingly (maybe to keep them for himself? see below). When I got outside, I instructed Brady to grab giant handfuls of candy and dump in to the kids' bags. This was super fun for him and got rid of the piles of sugar we had. Papa noticed that at one point a few teenagers sent their friends over after spreading the word that there was an enthusiastic toddler shoveling candy at that house. :p

We discovered Brady's love for lollipops this evening. There was debate among us about how many he actually had- it ranged from 2.5 to 4. Seeing as he's double-fisted in the picture to the right, I'm thinking it's probably more like 4...or more. There were two things we all agreed upon: 1, Brady had a sugar high and 2, watching him enjoy the holiday made it the best Halloween we've had thus far!

I thought my stomach was going to split open I was laughing so hard when Brett declared that Brady had too much sugar. Grandma defended him and said, "I don't think he really had that much." 30 seconds later after watching the silly boy singing, wiggling, and playing with the candy bowl, Grandma looks at us and says, "Oh, okay. He is a little bit high, isn't he?" It was Hilarious the way she said it and the fact that there was this almost 3 year old jumping up and down next to her.

No comments: