Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, October 15, 2010

Mornings

As previously noted, mornings can be pretty slow moving around here. It's awesome! :) I really am blessed to be able to telework and not have to get ready in the morning. We just allow the kids to get up whenever they do. There's still a sort of routine, but the times vary a little, depending on how late we sleep.
7:30 AM
Brett: has usually left for work by this time
Sylvie: hanging out in her crib (either asleep or awake...she's pretty patient and will hang out and talk and entertain herself for quite some time)
or having her "1st breakfast" AM bottle,
or playing (either contained in her Command Center if I'm busy or crawling around if I'm able to watch her)
Brady: eating Cheerios and drinking milk in our bed while he watches his cartoons (usually it's Maggie and the Ferocious Beast)
or going pee pee in the potty
Me: doing my minimal morning routine of washing my face, brushing my teeth, and putting my contacts in
8:00 AM
The three of us go downstairs for breakfast. Sometimes this takes place in the family room and Brady watches Oswald while he eats more Cheerios and drinks milk. Other times we all have breakfast together in the kitchen. Sylvie has her 1.5 breakfast of handfuls of Cheerios. (She has her "2nd breakfast" of oatmeal and fruit at daycare.) Brady and I have pancakes, waffles, oatmeal, or cereal with milk.
Brady has his second potty visit for his "morning constitution."
Sometimes we get a little play time in.
8:30 AM
We're in the car going to Ms. Omayma's b/c "Drop off Sylvie first" Brady says. Brady usually requests to wait in the car while we run in. He brings a book or a toy or if it's trash day, he says he'll just watch for the truck. :)
8:45 AM
We go to "my new school," as Brady's still calling it. He's gotten much better about going and about me leaving. He almost always says, "Mommy, I miss you when you leave. But you come back after nap and snack?" Occasionally I still have to pry him out of the leg-hug that's accompanied by a "Mommy, please don't leave!" But for the most part, he is distracted easily with the fun things in the classroom as well as his new friends and teachers.

I wouldn't necessarily describe our mornings as "smooth" but they are what they are. Often times there are too many things happening at once and I'm trying to do it all. It makes me crazy! But it's morning and it's how we start our day...

This morning was a dry-Cheerios-in-the-family-room-while-watching-Oswald morning. Sylvie was cruising around the ottoman. I took these pictures b/c I thought her hair was a riot and she looked adorable in the Halloween jammies Grandma and Papa got Brady two years ago.


"Mommy, how come Brady's got all the Cheerios and why is he not paying attention to me?"
"Oh, because Oswald is on."

"Okay, we'll smile...
but then can you move out of the way?

You're blocking the tv!"

No comments: