Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, October 22, 2010

"My BachBach"

My mom and grandmother came for an overnight visit en route from NY to Florida. This was a very special time. Not everyone is able to meet and play with their great grandmother. I Loved being with PawPaw (which is what I call her; it's the Chinese name for maternal grandmother. I actually don't have Brady and Sylvie call my mom this though b/c to me "PawPaw" is my PawPaw's name, not her title.) I Loved watching PawPaw play and interact with my kids and I loved how they loved her right back. Sylvie went to her pretty quickly, and that's telling b/c sometimes Sylvie needs a little bit of a warm-up period. Brady embraced his "BachBach" (which is the Chinese name for maternal great grandmother); not only b/c her name is so fun to say (I used to love calling my BachBach when I was little!) but b/c he really liked her and wanted to share and play with her.





Four Generations! Awesome!

When he went to bed tonight he asked, "Are my Mimi and my BachBach gonna stay a long time?" then said he wanted them to. Since I'm back-blogging here I can note that when he woke in the morning the First thing he said was, "Where's my BachBach?" Then he had breakfast on BachBach's lap before they had to leave. Oh, this visit was good for my soul and one day my kids will appreciate how truly awesome this time is.

No comments: