Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, June 7, 2010

Care During the Day

My baby started daycare today. I really thought it was going to be easier to leave this time around. What was I thinking?! I cried and felt like my heart was being taken out of me when I dropped her off this morning. It was tricky this time- as I didn't want to let Brady, who was running around with his friends, see me crying. I was so sad at the thought of not being with Sylvie for our longest stretch of time ever. She's just so darn sweet that I was worried that she'd be sad and no one would even know b/c she's so quiet and good. It was also hurting my heart to think that she might get in to one of her fits where only I can calm her down. She works herself up to this frenzied state, but immediately settles as soon as she's in my arms.

I took this picture of baby girl this morning on her first day of school. I love her clueless look. :p She wore the cute little barrette that Ms. Flori put in her hair when we were picking up Brady last week- adorable! That's one thing that the wonderful ladies at daycare will give Sylvie that I won't- super fun hair styles. They are great like that! {Funny story: one of the times when I was picking Brady up and daycare was crazy with the kids running and playing and shouting. Mr. Don, Landon's dad, looked at Sylvie and said, "Just think, ALL of this will be yours one day little lady!" LOL!} Today's the day, sweet girl.

As I was leaving, sweet Sylvie- the new celebrity at daycare was surrounded by the little people and was taking it all in with her big blue eyes. It was Brady who was crying and holding on to my leg asking me not to leave or to take them with me. We're on the same page there pal. I asked him to please take care of Sylvie for me today and he said, "Okay Mommy. Sylvie's my sister." Yes she is bud. She's our baby.

Anyway my tearful heartbreaking morning aside, Sylvie did just fine. Omayma told me she took her bottles well, napped well, and was thoroughly entertained by her brother, his friends, and her new friends too! They told me that Emma, who is 4 months older, was sitting next to her cooing away and Sylvie just laughed and laughed at Emma's funny tales. Apparently it was an inside joke among the girls that only they understood, but everyone else found the scene to be adorable! :) Big bro proved to be an unreliable source of information. He reported that she cried a lot...and then he said she cried a little. So who knows? :p Nonetheless, 5:00 was a super happy time today. It was SO fun to be greeted by a bounding toddler who crashed in to me with a huge hug and a gummy grinning baby who recognizes her mama.

No comments: