Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

5 months old

Happy Birthday Sylvie! Sylvie's definitely becoming more aware of her surroundings. I think I'm still her favorite person...and I'm holding that in my heart as long as I can. :) Often her little face lights up with a big gummy grin and she thumps her legs and lets out a delighted squeal when she sees me. She's ticklish and has a cute sense of humor emerging. She is amused by the typical things that infants find funny- peek-a-boo sort of games, goofy sounds, and her always-on-ever-performing big bro! She loves loves loves the bumper jumper and happily bounces around for a crazy amount of time. It's hilarious! The exersaucer and a burpie cloth that she covers her face with and pulls off are her other favorite things these days. All of these easily elicit squealy little giggles that are so genuine and so sweet!

It seems that her sleep patterns are trying to stabilize. Sylvie's always been a great sleeper. She has spoiled us from day one. She never seemed to confuse her days and nights...well, maybe she did and just thought it was all just one big night. ha! From the beginning, she'd go right back to sleep after getting up to nurse at night. But the past week I've noticed what is sometimes described as the "four month wakeful period." After her 3 AM feed, she doesn't close her eyes. She doesn't fuss- just sucks on her paci and STARES at me with her big blue eyes. She just lays there in her little bed. It is the cutest thing and if I wasn't half asleep, I'd probably break all the rules and engage her b/c she's just so stinkin' cute with those big eyes just taking it ALL in. She goes to bed around 7:30 (I'm still working on developing a night time routine that accommodates both kids and that I can do by myself consistently.) She wakes to nurse around 2 or 3 AM and then gets up again around 6 or 7 AM. At times there is the need for a few paci resets in those stretches. But once that little button goes back in, her eyelids grow heavy and (night) life is good again. She still sort of naps whenever and wherever she wants to, but I'm thinking in the next few weeks her naps will move towards the typical 9 AM and 1 PM occurrences. She always greets me with a smile when she wakes up. It is so darn sweet. In this picture, I had just put her down to go sleep...but she can't help but smile. Little cutie!

As evidenced by her baby chubba chubba thighs, she continues to nurse and take a pumped bottle (at daycare) well. She also started solids this past week. Well, just oatmeal for now. But once we have that texture thing mastered, the menu will open up.

It appears Sylvie's Zoolander condition (her inability to roll left) is lapsing. Our little "ambi-roller" (a modified Zoolander term) now goes to both sides, but still seems to prefer rolling to her right. She continues to get stuck on her tummy though. I've only seen her roll from tummy to back once.

There isn't a wellness visit until next month so we don't have official stats. Suffice it to say that our "little" 5 month old is growing quite well. :)

1 comment:

Soma said...

Love it - especially the part about how Sylvie gets so excited to see you. I can totally relate - there is NOTHING like it! She is so very very sweet. And I'm jealous about how she's such a great sleeper! Dev's a pretty good sleeper now too - only took 9 months....