Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, April 13, 2009

Sous Chef

I employed the assistance of my little sous chef tonight. I recognized his culinary skills while I was making our enchiladas. The spice cabinet was open and even though I saw him pulling some of the containers out, I figured they all had lids on. I asked him to put them away and he did...except for the black pepper which he seemed to really enjoy, as I heard little giggles. I turned around to find a bunch of ground pepper all over the floor and a happy happy happy grinning little boy shaking the container. So we then played with the Swiffer and the water/vinegar solution sprayer...he still enjoys those. After our clean-up task, I figured why not let him help with the rice? I guided him as he poured the water, rice, and seasoning packet in to the saucepan and allowed him to stir. He was More than pleased!


So there you have it: dinner at the Luhring house...so simple, even a child can do it!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wanna send B over to help me cook and clean?? hahah .. this is so great. Could you send me the measurments used for the water/vineager solution spray?? i'd like to do that! hope all is well ... miss you, s

Soma said...

Love it! If I ever cooked, I'd certainly want to include Kadyn! Hugs!