Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, April 6, 2009

10 Items or Less

Brady and I went to Harris Teeter (yup, the VIC is back!) this evening to pick up a few things we needed for dinner. We had time to leisurely shop and since I only needed a couple things, I let him drive the cart. Good times! Harris Teeter is like another (practical) indoor playground! I laughed out loud when he began choosing items from his own grocery list. I was wondering what the method to his madness was. I mean, besides the obvious reason (accessibility) of his lower shelf choices, I wondered what was behind his decisions because he seemed so purposeful. He'd be walking along and then all of a sudden stop and choose an item. It was hysterical!

Brady's grocery list:
Spaghetti-Os. check.
Hot Dogs. check.
Coffee. check.
Tea. check. check.
Cup O Noodles. check.
Tomato Sauce. check.
Batteries. check.
Chips. check. check.
PopTarts. check.
Popcorn kernels. check.
Cheese. check.
Squishy playballs. check. check. check. check. check. check. :)

The Grocery Cart Challenge:
Here's all we really went in for (and actually brought up to check-out):

Here's what happens when you let a 15 month old be in charge of your grocery list:

I was allowing him to shop independently #1 because I found it absolutely hysterical, #2 because it allowed him to expend some more of his toddler energy and, #3 because I thought it would be a good direction-following exercise to re-trace our steps and have him put everything back. Ah, the best laid plans. :) Brady petered out before we got to my #3 and wanted to be carried. So I wound up lugging around a 25 lb. weight while hunched over trying to steer the mini cart made for super short people as we returned his items to the shelves. I must confess that we did not return everything to it's proper place. There may just be Spaghetti-Os on the Entenmann's Donuts display or Maxwell House next to the salsa. My apologies to our Harris Teeter peeps...hope we're still friends. :)


"Clean Up on Aisle 3!"


The infamous "BAWW!" shouting face expressing his delight!

4 comments:

Amber said...

This is my favorite video yet! He is just way too cute.

veronica said...

You are so funny! I think Brady is a junk food junky! Someday I need to go on one of these excursions with you.

Soma said...

That may just be the cutest thing I have ever seen. And I can sympathize with holding a toddler while shopping without a big cart. I did it once, just for a gallon of milk and thought my arms would fall off!! Hilarious! Thanks for posting that!

Anonymous said...

i love it! he looks like he's really contemplating what items to buy :) i love watching your videos. and many thanks for all your advice!