Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Asian Fools

I made an Asian dinner tonight- beef lo mein and SUSHI...April Fools! I found this cute recipe online and totally wanted to try it. It is very rare that the things I plan on actually turn out how I want them to, so I was pleasantly surprised by this and had to take a picture. Of course, we didn't have chopsticks in the house, so I had to improvise with wooden skewers- haha! But the effect was perfect. When Brett saw it, he said, "Oh wow! Are we having sushi tonight?" (I don't eat sushi and have never bought it but Brett likes it.) Indeed we are...but sushi that I would like too- fruity rice krispie treat sushi! We both enjoyed it and I packaged them up in a left over Asian take-out container and sent them to work with Brett the next day. His co-workers and clients got a kick out of it too. So fun!

5 comments:

mthaival said...

This is AWESOME!!!

grandpa said...

Beleive it or not i have started to have a taste for Sushi!!!!!! as long as it does not taste like fish.

Kerri said...

Too cool! I will have to use that idea for the kids snacks at school!!

Courtney said...

you are so FUN!!!

Piggy said...

You are too creative! I love it! :D