Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, July 25, 2008

TGIF!

Thank Goodness It's FAVday! Yay! The weather has been absolutely gorgeous the past two days (80's and low humidity...it's like early fall weather in July!). This morning we had a nice walk around the neighborhood, then we had breakfast, then Brady had a nap and I had cleaning time, then we sat out on the porch together. It was so perfect! I took a bunch of timer and self-portrait pictures to remember how fun it was just the two of us hanging out. As I was reviewing them I was LOL because in many of the pictures our facial expressions look similar...it's totally unplanned (I really was not mimicking him) and the results are funny!

Then we had a long overdue meet-up with our buds Kellan (and Danisa) and Oliver (and Christin). It's been forever since I've seen these wonderful women and Brady's seen his pals (well, it was April when the moms and boys got together. In May we had a mommies night out to see the Sex and the City movie). The boys are growing up so fast! It was really fun to stroll the mall and catch up on what the boys are doing and what we've been doing.The hives reappeared at around noon today. I noticed them when we got to the mall. That is really strange because Brady had bananas, but at 9:00 this morning. Again, they sort of went away by themselves. But when we got home around 2:00, I noticed Brady looked like his winter baby self- with rosy red cheeks and Rudolph's nose. I tried to take pictures of it in natural light (so the camera wouldn't flash and I could see the redness). I put him in the solarium where I knew the floor was clean. This was the first time I let Brady lay around on the hardwood and some of the pictures are actually pretty good (or funny as they depict real life and close-up drool).
He looks like a big boy the way he's sitting in this picture, doesn't he?



We also got to meet our newest neighbor Sawyer today! Riley (who is 6 weeks younger than Brady) is our neighbor to the one side and now Sawyer (who is 7 months younger than Brady) is our neighbor on the other side. I'm sure these boys will be best buds...they'll all be in the same grade in school! Riley, Brady, and Sawyer...how awesome that sounds together! Too cool!

4 comments:

Piggy said...

You can feel the love oozing from those photos! I should use the timer. I'm so lazy. I just stick my arm out with the camera facing us to take photos of Drea and me and hope they come out fine. They say that for some time, babies don't realize that they have their own separate bodies from their parents, but I don't know if I realize it either as close as Drea and I are. She's so attached and clingy, you'd think we were Siamese twins or something, but I love the affection even though it's led to tendonitis and a dislocated thumb. HAHA! :)

Soma said...

Looks like you are really enjoying your days off with Brady. That's awesome and I love those self-timer pics!

Anonymous said...

Awesome posts! We just got back after being away for a week and it's been great catching up with the Luhrings virtually! Brady seriously could not be any cuter.

Courtney said...

you're too cute with those pictures of you guys!