Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, July 4, 2008

As American as Baseball and Apple SAUCE?

Happy Fourth of July!
I stuffed our little All-American in to this cute hand-me-down baseball outfit from our neighbor Janice's son Jared. It's 3-6 month size, but it was just too cute to pass up! We had a busy day today as we again worked together as a family to restore Brett's man-cave to all its glory following the flood. We have a strict deadline because the C-Buds are coming for an all participatory reunion tomorrow. We have all been working on this project...Brett's been cutting and painting baseboards; I've been organizing the storage room; and Brady's been playing nicely and allowing us to do these tasks.
Tonight we went to Kim's house for a neighborhood party. Of course it was another good time with friends. I brought Brady home around 7:30, fed him, and put him down to sleep. Then I took the monitor across the street to Kim's...and it worked! Brett and I got to continue hanging out while still watching our kid (literally) on the video screen. The monitor even worked when we walked up to the cul-de-sac to watch fireworks. Brett had fun with our camera taking these.
In other news, I finally gave Brady fruit today. I was holding off because a few things I'd read advised introducing vegetables first because some kids only like sweet fruit after having it. Actually, Brady's first solid was avocado, but it's not a very sweet fruit. Anyway, he had applesauce today. He frowned at first taste, as he does with all new food. But ate it just fine. I also bought him bananas to try. I've been singing that phonics song to him for the past few days..."I like to eat, eat, eat, eeeples and beeneenees. I like to ate ate ate aypples and banaynays."

No comments: