Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 19, 2008

Just your average Saturday

We enjoyed lunch out today at Not Your Average Joe's. Brady was good eating out and being with us at a restaurant again. He ate his favorite food (squash) and some applesauce before we had our meals. He loved watching people, and playing with the menus, the napkins, and the toys we brought along for him. He was really snuggly afterwards and we had fun cuddling him. I love Brady's little head with a hat on and the way his pudgy little hand falls on his Daddy's shoulder.

Later that afternoon, Brett was beginning the task of cleaning out the garage when we spotted our next door neighbors. Pat was out doing yard work and Rebekah was playing with the rake. Brett wasted no time in putting the energy of the kids to work and told her to rake up the leaves that had fallen from our tree. We gave Joshua our rake so that he could help his sister. No issues with child labor laws here! :p I mean really, Brett's put infant Brady to work already, of course he'll capitalize on 6-year-old Rebekah and 4-year-old Joshua. Afterwards the kids had fun taking pictures of all sorts of things including the grown-ups who were just chatting supervising while they did all the work! ;p
Pat and Brett
(aka "Mr. Luhring...the dad, not the mom" as Joshua calls him to clarify which one of us it is when he is not sure if he used the right Mr./Mrs. term...so cute!)

Then we cooled off and hung out in their backyard with Brady's pool and their slip-n-slide. It was so much fun for us All! Brett commented on how good Brady was being (especially since it was so sticky and hot outside). I told him it was because the kids were providing live entertainment for him. I think that's one of the reasons he enjoys daycare so much...every day is jam-packed with excitement to watch! I cited it as evidence to further the case for having a litter. :) The kids entertain each other...especially the babies! I still don't think he's quite sold on my "let's have four kids!" idea just yet though.

3 comments:

Courtney said...

my kids had a blast with you guys!!!

Kerri said...

I would have to side with you, 4 is a great number to have!

Debbie said...

We love NYA Joe's. And Tiffany, a litter???? You are a better woman than I. Well I was alot older when I got started, too...but still...Oh I have a Fisher Price rocking horse that I need to give away. Do you want it?