Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 11, 2008

A very Happy 1st Mother's Day!

It's my first Mother's Day and what a truly special day! My mom is here for the weekend and we get to celebrate together. The day began with Brett making us breakfast- yumm! Then Brady had his special breakfast...his very first meal other than milk!

Next on Brady's behalf, Brett gave me my Mother's Day present. He knows how I don't love surprises (yes, I'm a control freak) and wanted to be sure I liked his idea. Well I LOVED it! He took us to a nursery and showed me a starlight dogwood tree he had picked out. It flowers in May/springtime and Brett's plan is to take an annual picture of Brady, the tree, and me. That way we could note how Brady and the tree are growing each year. Yay Daddy! So thoughtful!!! We spent about an hour in the nursery and met with a landscape architect who is going to give us some ideas for our small yard. It was a really good thing Meemaw was here because Brady was asleep the entire time...so she stayed in the dry car (it's cold and rainy today) with him and let him snooze. We don't have a picture of the tree yet because right now it's sitting near the house in the rain.

We met the Verebs out for dinner @ Sweetwater Tavern. As always, it was wonderful to see them all! Almost 2.5 year old Eli slept through most of the meal, but woke up at the end for a short visit with us. I think the funniest thing I heard all night was when we were talking about little kids picking their noses (such fun dinner conversation, lol!). Anyway, Brett says, "Brady won't do that...he won't be able to. He has Tiff's button nose and my big hands and fingers. There's no way he's going to be able to jam those things up that tiny nose." LOL! Oh, and speaking of dinner, Brett also picked up a "Let's Dish" dinner for us to enjoy another night without me having to cook. Way to go Daddy! You thought of everything!

What a great day! Thanks Brady and Daddy! Happy Mother's Day Mom and me! I love you all!

No comments: