Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 4, 2008

Snap, Crackle, Pop!

Recently we've been discussing starting Brady on solids, rice cereal in particular. Tonight Brett says to me, "So, are we going to start rice cereal tonight?" I have not even bought the rice cereal or done any serious reading or anything. I say, "Well no...I didn't buy any rice cereal." Brett says, "Yeah, we have some in the pantry." At this point, I'm pretty sure I know where this is going, but I must indulge myself and further pursue my line of questioning. "Really?" I say, "Brett, what do you think rice cereal is?" "Don't we have two boxes of Rice Krispies?" My big smile has now busted in to laughter. "Seriously?!?" I say, "Don't you know that baby rice cereal is more like very fine Farina creamed wheat stuff?" I'm thinking surely Brett sees the hilarity in this conversation at this point. Nope. He's still looking at me with a very straight serious face and says, "No really- I don't understand why we can't just give him Rice Krispies?"
*sigh* Out of the mouths of babes new dads.

THIS is why Mommy is in charge, People! I rest my case.

2 comments:

veronica said...

This is hilarious! I can totally hear you saying seriously! Good thing mommy knows what she is doing!

Soma said...

Basil had similar confusion - I'll just leave it at that....