Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, May 21, 2010

Sweet-prints

There are so many times where I try to permanently record my kids' cuteness in my brain. Lately I've been emailing or texting Brett these tidbits to share with him and make myself a note. I wish I could somehow capture the everyday hilarity or sweetness though...those moments that are not exactly noteworthy, but that leave a "sweet-print" on my heart. That's one of them- lately Brady loves the idea of "prints." He is always saying things like, "Look at my hand print, footprint, boot print, toy print (when his toys leave marks in the carpet)." He gets that when things leave an impression, you call them "prints." It's very cute. {The picture on the right is of his little hand print left on the microsuede chair in the family room. I love finding these little reminders of little people in our house!}
Brady and Sylvie definitely leave sweet-prints on my heart.

May 21: Brady and I were playing chase this morning. He kept telling me that he was fast and that I couldn't catch him. He then said, "Watch out for me! Mist come out my back!" When he sees exhaust from cars, he calls it mist and apparently it signals a very fast moving vehicle. :p

May 19: This morning Brady sneezed. I was distracted and didn't say "Bless you" to him. So he came to me and said, "What do you do when someone sneeze?" I said, "Oh! Bless you Brady!" He nodded and replied, "Bless myself." LOL!

Brady was again playing "go to work" this morning. He had his briefcase all packed and said, "I go to the bus stop! I'm goin' to work!" Then when his work day was done, he said, "I'm home! How was your day?" Hilarious! Then he repeated the work day process again but this time said, "You nice day?" (meaning, "Did you have a nice day?" which is what I ask him when I pick him up from daycare and ask Brett when he gets home from work)

May 3: Brady just said to me, "I protect Sylvie. I protect Sylvie from the cow. Cow not get Sylvie. Cow not scary Sylvie." (Have we mentioned that Brady's "irrational toddler fear" is of cows? Indeed, Chik-Fil-A did a number on him! He's constantly talking about how "the cow get me!" and when I tell him we have to hurry he responds, "Cow coming! Cow gonna get us!") Anyway, so it's sweet to know that he wants to protect his little sis from the scary cow...and that he also has false bravado and assures her (like we do to him) by telling her that the cow is not scary. I said to Brett that it's moments like these where I think, Cool, maybe we're doing something right. :)

April 30: I put the hose on for Brady to play with the water. I only put it on a tiny bit though. He looks at me and says, "Can I please have it louder?" and "Make the water louder." b/c that's how he asks us to turn up his music in the car. :)

April 29: email message to Brett-
Sylvie is asleep on the floor and Brady went over to her and covered her with a burpie cloth. I warned him not to bother her b/c she was sleeping and he looked at me and said, "She's my sister. I'm watching her." SO sweet. He's a good boy...right now anyway. :p

and then this one One Minute Later-
ROTFL! And as I was typing that last message to you....Brady calls to me, "Mommy! Sylvie wake up! I did it! It was Brady making all that noise."
(I often ask, "Who's making all that noise?" when Brady's running around shouting or Romey's barking.)

A few months ago, we were playing fort and I said, "Open Sesame!" to get Brady to open the pillow door for me. When it was his turn to ask me to open the door, he said, "Open Sesa-YOU!" How clever is that?!

A few months ago, Papa asked Brady something (I can't remember what) and Brady replied "I don't know." Then Papa asked him something else and he said, "I have no idea." We about died laughing!

Papa recounted that one day while he was having a beer after mowing the lawn Brady remarked that he had a "silly soda." Destined to be a classic! :)

Brett and I have been amused noting that for the past few months Brady's been using "probably" and "actually" and he uses them appropriately. For example, he asked Brett, "Daddy, where's my fire truck?" Brett said, "I don't know. Maybe it's parked in the sun room." To which Brady replied, "Actually Daddy, it's in the dining room." Oh okay then. :)

3 comments:

Maureen said...

I think this is one of my favorite posts ever...so much sweetness included from a great big brother! I love the "silly soda" too. Maya calls soda "dada juice" because P is the only one in the house that drinks it.

satish said...

I would have to agree, best post!!....these are just too too sweet and funny....my god, with all the funny/cute/sweet things all our babies are goona say, we should compile them all and write a book! mon

Courtney said...

awesome post! this is the stuff we'll want to remember one day...