Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Big Boy Brady's Bed

Brady and Daddy worked on a "special project" (as he likes to say) this morning and changed his crib to a big boy bed. I'm not sure which was more exciting for Brady- working with the tools or the super fun "new" place to sleep! I wanted his first "big boy sleep" to be a nap so that I could monitor what he would do with his new found freedom. He did Great! Part of it may be the novelty of it, but whatever- he Loves his big boy bed! I watched him on the video monitor (STILL loving that thing!) for almost his entire nap. I just kept the video on while I was baking in the kitchen. He woke up very pleasantly. Sylvie and I went in there and it was great to not have to put her down to get him out. He just smiled and slid out of bed.

This picture cracks me up! He could not stop staring and talking about his new sheets and comforter. This was a hand-me-down from Matthew (and his mommy Andrea). Trucks, trains, and planes- all the things little boys dream of!

Update: he also did great for his night sleep. He asked to go to bed. :) When he woke up, he stood at his door and called me. When I got there, he took my hand and said, "Come sleep with me in my big boy bed!"

2 comments:

Courtney said...

wow! that is a BIG step!!! glad it went well!

TDBurke said...

Oh no, now we have to do it! Thanks T! :)