Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 20, 2010

The Safe Way

After the success of our all-together outing the other day and the fact that I've had Brady home from daycare the past couple days b/c he seemed to have a minor case of croup cough, we've been having all sorts of Mommy +2 errand-running. I will admit though that I strategically chose Safeway over our fav Harris Teeter this morning. When I told him we were going to the grocery store, Brady said, "They have little carts for me?" I didn't think I could control the chaos that I anticipated surrounding my little independent shopper with his own cart + Sylvie in her car seat and actually get the groceries we needed. In the car Brady said, "We go this way?" I don't think he really noticed that this was not the route to Harris Teeter, but I did want to manage his expectations. I said, "Brady, we're going to Safeway today." He replied, "Oh. This is the safe way?" LOL!

This is the first time I put Sylvie's seat on top of the cart instead of in it. But I gave Brady the choice of spots to occupy in the cart and he chose the basket. He did Great! He was thrilled to "build a tower Mommy!" with the canned foods.

He exercised serious self control and did not eat the strawberries after I asked him not to b/c they weren't washed. Apparently I was not as clear when it came to the lemons. He was biting them through the bag (and let me tell you this cracked. me. up. when I went to use the lemon for dinner and noticed the mini bite marks that had pierced the rind...So Adorable!)

No comments: