Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, March 1, 2008

"Va-poo-rize...where does the poop go?"

For those who don't recognize this <-insert sarcastic voice->"timeless cinematic reference," it's from the 2004 Ben Stiller/Jack Black movie Envy. The movie was really dumb, but I've been quoting this line to Brady and Brett for the past few days. This is because little man had been stopped up and we hadn't seen a poopy diaper in over THREE days. I was having all kinds of new parent anxiety. I mean we're talking about a kid who usually has 3-4 dirty dees a day! So he has this explosive one on Tuesday night and then nothing Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. I called the pediatrician because I was really worried. They told me that this was not really a concern for them until 8-10 days had gone by.
8-10 days??? YIKES! Can you imagine?
Brady was still eating regularly and had wet diapers, but I kept asking him about his "va-poo-rizing." Well we found out "where the poop goes" when you haven't gone in over three days...it stores up and you have an explosion. For Brady this finally happened this afternoon. Can I just tell you...I have never been so happy to see and smell a dirty diaper! I was singing and shouting the good news to Brett. I wonder who was happier and more relieved about this- me or Brady?

Was this entire post really about poop? Yes, it was. Some of you may find this odd, but I'll tell you once you have a baby, you talk about all sorts of things often on a regular basis and/or with complete strangers that you never thought you would!

3 comments:

Sybilgrae said...

I had to laugh at your post about va-poo-rize...for a few reasons. First - We laugh about that movie and the va-poor-rize b/c our neighbor gave us a can of this stuff that is supposed to freeze dog poop or dog vommit and make it easier to clean up. He invested in the company and had like boxes of this stuff so he gave us a can to try out with our dogs. I didn't have the heart to tell him it didn't work. So John and I laughed about it b/c of the va-poo-rize from the Jack Black movie! Second - I had to laugh b/c our friends have a little boy who is having problems with the pooping, he's a tad older older than Brady -he's 2 yrs. old, but he just doesn't want to poop. He holds it in for long stretches. Last time we saw them out to dinner, he hadn't gone in like 10 days or something crazy (which was a record) and then that night on their way home, massive explosion in the car :( As you can imagine, they were happy he went, but it was not a fun clean up. :) The things to look forward too :) I am glad Brady had some relief!

Courtney said...

ha! ha! that's so funny...and so true that we live by those dirty diapers!

Soma said...

Basil and I can relate!!!