Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

A Happy Keister!

It should be a happy Easter for us now that Brady has a happy keister!
Warning: this will be another pooping post. ;-p

This time the dookie men's strike lasted for 8-9 days. I am not entirely sure because I really can't remember the last dirty diaper I saw. I know it was at least since last Sunday (March 9). He had only one small dirty diaper a week later.

Yesterday was a crazy day. It started with happy Brady in his Bumbo (photo 1). After consulting with the pediatrician about the work stoppage, I told Brady about the suppository that they suggested. He appears to be questioning this strategy (photo 2). Then saying, "Hold on now, isn't there anything else we can try first?" (photo 3)


Well yes, there is...they also suggested 3 oz. of prune juice. That made me laugh though because I haven't seen prune juice since I was a kid and watched my 72-year-old great aunt drink it. So I took an uncomfortable Purple Tera Dactyl to the grocery store and bought a suppository (just in case) and some prune juice. At first, he didn't know what to think of the strange stuff coming out of his bottle. I thought 3 oz. seemed like a lot and it may have been if Brady had ingested it all. But I think he spit up at least 2 of the 3 oz. on his shirt. But it worked!!! WHOOHOO!!! He was a little unhappy as the dookie men slowly got back to work. (Yes, I took a picture of sad Brady, but it was only a second before I scooped him up and comforted him.) Sure enough, little man was feeling much better after letting it all out.

At this point a little over 24 hours since he's had his prune juice, we've seen 8 explosive diapers...maybe one for each day? It's Newton's Third Law applied to infant care: for every action (force) in nature there is an equal and opposite reaction. I suppose what goes in must come out (at some point) though, huh?

1 comment:

Soma said...

I love the first picture on this post. Love it.