Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 2, 2008

Pea in a Pod

For the past week, Brady has slept for 4-5 hours stretches at night. whoohoo!!! This is a huge improvement over the no more than 2 hours between feeds that he's been accustomed to.

On Monday (Feb. 25) with Brady being about 10.5 weeks old, Brett began his own version of sleep training. Brett was on baby duty that night and I heard him tell Brady "it's time to go sleep." I heard him put Brady in his crib and all seemed well...until about an hour later when I heard Brady crying. I would have gone immediately to him, but again, Brett was on baby duty. Yet the cries continued. Finally I said, "Brett, are you going to help him?" He replied, "No, he's fine. He doesn't need anything." I started to say, "He's too young for this." and was on my way up to get him when the crying stopped. Go figure!

One of the tricks to getting him to sleep for longer stretches has been swaddling him nice and tight. Wrapped in his green Swaddle Me blanket with his little round head sticking out, little dude looks like a pea in a pod. Here he is snug as a bug in a rug...or as a crazy person in a straightjacket. ;-p At first glance, swaddling seems harsh. I mean, Brett even calls it "lockdown" sometimes. But it's almost like crate training a dog...it seems mean, but they actually like it because it provides security. I risked waking him taking the picture above, but nope, he was sound asleep. A few hours later, I took this one on the right...a happy well-rested little man was ready to wake up and start the day.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

loved our walk today! my kids are sleeping well because of it :-)