Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Triple play

One positive thing that's come out of these past few weeks is the reinforcement of the solid bond that exists among my mom, my sister, and me. The realization of how much love we share and how important we all are to each other is truly uplifting. In addition to the valuable quality time we've enjoyed, Brady has had the benefit of the Kirk women tri-fecta and has been loved on and taken care of by all three of us. It was a pleasant treat for me to get a little break. Meemaw and Aunt Kris took many of the late night feedings so that I could get some more sleep. They also sacrificed their own mealtimes so that I could take my time eating food that was hot. :) Speaking of eating, every day we had three delicious nutritious meals and multiple (maybe not so nutritious, but so yummy!) snacks and treats...all made by Kris or Mom.

Meemaw has the magic touch and somehow manages to calm even the Purple Tera Dactyl Brady. She's always able to calm him quickly, even when no one else can. Aunt Kris is the fun one who amuses Brady by rocking, dancing, talking, and laughing with (or at) him. She also allowed him to use her clothes for spit-up and projectile vomit target practice. The moment captured in the picture on the right had my mom and me literally doubled over with laughter. This was the THIRD time that day that Brady had spit up on Kris...and she had just changed her shirt.

This past weekend Kris and Mom braved the cold and came up north to our house. Brett took this picture of us on Saturday night. I don't even remember falling asleep! One minute we were all talking, and the next Brett tells me he heard at least two of us (probably my mom and me or maybe Brady and me) :) snoring and grabbed the camera. ha ha!
A close-up of Brady and Aunt Kris...so peaceful!
Kris also sent me pictures from her camera. Apparently I am more tired than I think I am. She took this one of me and I don't remember it either. Must have been after a diaper change though because I'm asleep on the wipes!

1 comment:

Courtney said...

love the picture of you all sleeping! so sweet!