Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, March 31, 2008

On borrowed time...

Well, not exactly "borrowed." Unpaid parental leave is the official term. "Warden Brett" (aka CFO in the Luhring household) granted a stay of execution for my freedom to be at home with Brady for 6 more weeks. WHOO HOO! Yay! Thanks Daddy! My (paid) maternity leave is scheduled to end today and I was going to return to work on April 1. I've used all my short term disability and paid vacation. Any time after this is classified as unpaid parental leave, but really it is Totally worth it. As I told my manager, I am just enjoying being Brady's mommy too much! :) Brady is happy about this extended time too. The picture below is another self-timer shot from this morning because it's just us and the dogs home but we're both saying "Yay!" for more time together. btw, the cool "my mom rocks" onesie is another borrowed from the Riley Collection.

3 comments:

Sybilgrae said...

Awesome! So glad you are able to stay at home longer with Brady! How exciting!!!

veronica said...

Yeah! I am so glad you can stay home longer! We'll have to go celebrate soon with another outing!

Courtney said...

yea!!! so glad we'll get to keep seeing you outside (if it would EVER stay warm!)