Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, March 3, 2008

It's a Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood

Today was a beautiful day...high of 72 degrees! Wow! The weather may have been a catalyst, but the actual day we had was just beautiful. It started off with a fun walk with Courtney, Bailey, and Joshua. I've mentioned my awesome neighborhood friend Courtney before, but let me give you some more insight on the Super Mom Who Lives Next Door:
#1 She blogged this on the actual day (I have had this draft sitting here and am finally posting almost a week later)!
#2 Courtney pushed her 2 year old toddler in her "double wide" jogging stroller while I pushed my little 13 pounder in his mini stroller...and I had trouble keeping up with her! Here I am all huffing and puffing trying to keep up my end of the conversation and she's forging on ahead probably thinking, "This is the slowest I've ever moved." Oh, and did I mention that we took this walk after she had already been to the gym and swam laps?! Yeah.
#3 (and here's the big one that will make you say, "You are so sad Tiffany!") She's 21 weeks pregnant with her fourth child!
Do not ask me how she does it...she is this amazing mother of these wonderful kids; she publishes timely documentation of her family's daily activities in addition to some really awesome thought provoking messages; she is in better shape than me even while she is >50% of the way through her fourth pregnancy. I asked her today if she had more hours in her day than we all do. I mean seriously, how does she do it? She admitted to being a pretty efficient time manager (uh, yeah!). In fact, she said she gets 90% of what she needs to do in a day completed by noon because she's in need of some rest in the afternoon. (Did I mention she's incubating her fourth??? I think "some rest" is definitely in order.)

So anyway, after a great walk and time well spent with Courtney and the kids in the morning, I am relaxed and decide that Brady and I are going to sit outside on the front porch and get some more Vitamin D this afternoon. Veronica, another of my neighborhood super mom friends who lives across the street, comes over. It was so nice to chat with her on the porch, and also to her daughter Megan via walkie-talkie. ;-p When Megan realized I had her mom's walkie-talkie, she and her friend Abby came over too. I finally took a picture of Veronica, Megan, and Brady (Abby's in there too). I can't believe I haven't taken a picture of them sooner! Veronica and Megan were actually Brady's first visitors when he was just 3 days old. How apropos because the day we met Megan almost three years ago (when she was 7 but still mature beyond her years), Brett and I said, "We just met our future kids' babysitter."

Can you see now why I often say I'd like my neighbors to raise my kids?

1 comment:

Courtney said...

wow...thanks for all the nice words! i love being your neighbor - and friend!