Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

School Boy

Our big boy started at his new daycare today. It was a bit of a crazy morning as we tried to find our new groove. Sylvie woke up around 7:15 and I got her fed and ready. Brady has to eat breakfast at home (instead of at daycare like he did with Ms. Omayma) so Sylvie and I went to wake him @ 7:45. I told her where we were going and as we got closer to Brady's door, she got her squeezy Sylvie smile on. The anticipation of seeing her brother is just too much! It's SO cute! I opened his door and he was sound asleep. Sylvie let out a delightful squeeeeeeeaaaaal upon seeing her Bruddy Brady. That was your wake up call, bud. He opened his eyes, looked at us and said, "I'm not awake yet" as he rolled over and put the sheet over his head. It was a flash-forward to his teenage years, I'm sure! lol! But no, happy alarm-clock-simulating Sylvie would not be deterred. She kept squealing and bouncing until I put her near enough to touch big bro. Mission accomplished- happy baby and awake school boy. :)

With her approximate 60% accuracy rate of the Cheerios actually making it in her mouth, Sylvie was pretty well occupied while her brother ate his breakfast.

Oh what a handsome little man. I was debating the value of this $15 backpack. I now realize it was Well Worth the money. It was what got Brady excited about his "new school" and gave him something to play with. (He kept pretending he was one of the landscapers and telling me the straps were his blowers.)

He was excited to say good morning to the painted horse outside of school and help blow the grass by his feet. ;p

But then he was a little reluctant to go in to his classroom. He did with a little coaxing...and he wanted to show Ms. Tina that he had a backpack And a blanket. ;p He didn't want me to leave and was a little confused b/c I'd stayed with him previously. I told him I had to go to work and he said No. I insisted that I did and he said, "I can go to work too. I have a badge." (oh goodness, I felt my heart breaking!) For some reason it was totally weird for me to see a cubby labeled "Brady L." I supposed b/c I've never seen his name + last initial. odd. Anyway, so I told him to see if he could find the tractors and he was happy to do that and even more happy to actually find them. He was distracted then and I told him I was leaving but that he could have fun with the tractors. He seemed fine when I left...and given a little time, I think I will be okay too. :)

Update: when we went to pick him up, both he and Ms. Emilie reported that he had a good day at school. He said, "Mommy! I missed you!'' Oh. so. sweet. Then at home he did his head tilt thing he does when he's talking to Sylvie and quietly said, "I just missed Sylvie so much." sweet.sweet.sweet.

2 comments:

Amber said...

He looks so sweet, he is going to LOVE school!

Courtney said...

oh...makes my heart hurt. what a BIG day! and LOVE the new pic on your sidebar of the 2 kids :-)