Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Overheard in OBX

Brady found one of the small square patches that came in a few of the blow-up pool toys. He held it up and said, "Who wants to be the calendar helper?" (one of the jobs at school) Then he chose one of us as his helper and made sure everyone got a chance. (When I raised my hand again, he said, "No Mommy, you already had a turn!")
btw, ever since Brady switched daycares to the center (that is more "school-like") he often schools Sylvie at home. Sometimes it's formal- "I'm the teacher Sylvie! You havta Listen!" Other times it's general instruction, "Don't touch my scissors Sylvie 'cuz they're sharp. You're too small. You have to be big, like me. Only I can use these." Sylvie responds well to him and just smiles and laughs, basking in his attention. So cute!

I usually tell Brady to "be nice" but sometimes I find myself saying, "Brady, behave." I've often thought that is probably confusing and it was confirmed today when he said, "But Mommy, I'm 'have!" (pronounced hey-vuh)

We were in a souvenir beach shop and Brady picked up a (drinking) funnel (with a giant funnel on top and a thick clear tube attached). He asked me, "Mommy, what's this?" I said, "It's a funnel. Don't worry about it." What I didn't realize was that apparently he wasn't asking me b/c he didn't know what it was. He was asking me to quiz me! He replies, "No, it's a pump!" I was cracking up! I wish I had the camera b/c the funnel was huge (like bigger than his head). But I could see how it looked like a part of the breast pump, albeit an extra extra large one! LOL!

No comments: