Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Table for 2(.5)

Brett and I were out to breakfast @ IHOP one morning last week (just the two of us, as it was a slower workday and we were both teleworking) and Brett said, "You should take Brady here- kids eat free at certain times." That's when I realized that I've never taken him out to a restaurant by myself. Brett was surprised to hear this and said, "Really? I do this all the time! He's good! You should totally do it." I'm not exactly sure why I haven't. Brett says it probably stems from my irrational discomfort of eating out alone. :p (He totally makes fun of me for not being able to eat out in public by myself. He does it all the time. I just don't like it. I will pick up take-out and eat it at home. When I used to travel for business, I'd either eat out with co-workers or order room service. I just don't like to sit in a restaurant by myself.)

Anyway I usually just make something for us at home. But this morning with Brett's super early departure to Blacksburg for the VT vs. BC game and my and LL's slight IHOP craving, I asked Brady if he wanted to go out for pancakes. He replied, "Want pam-capes! I-POP!" So off we went to IPOP :) before soccer class. It was So much fun! He was a perfect little gentleman and even sort of cooperated with my picture requests (one that I tried to do by myself and the other that our kind waiter took for us).

1 comment:

Maureen said...

So funny. I also refuse to eat alone at a restaurant, but Pradeep has no problem with it. He's taken Maya out to eat and the most I have done is the food court at the mall with her. I'm so glad you enjoyed a date with your little man! These new updates are making my ride into work on the bus bearable!