Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Animal Park and Pumpkinville

Despite the windy drizzly weather, we joined my co-workers at the Leesburg Animal Park for a Booz Allen-sponsored family event. We saw lots of animals and even got to walk among them in the "contact area." Too bad Brady is more of a look-but-do-not-touch kid when it comes to the furry friends these days.


Then he and Daddy got to jump around in a bouncy house. I think we could have stayed there All day and Brady would have been fine with it. We finally had to coax him out so that we could see other things.

Brady and I went down a giant slide together. Brady happily giggled the whole way down. It was a little slick though and (while holding Brady) when I stood up to get off, we fell right back down. This scared all of us- Brady, Brett, and me! I think I bruised my tailbone, and we were worried about how the Littlest Luhring would react to the fall. She reassured me that she was fine about 20 minutes later when I felt her moving around again. Brady kept reminding us though (as if I could forget given my achy self). He kept saying, "Mommy fall down" and pointing at the slide.

He bounced back and was loving slides again as he got to go down the air-filled ones with Daddy. Following his insistence ("I do self!" We hear that ALOT from our independent toddler these days), Daddy even let him go down solo- whoohoo!

The boys played with the Talking Tubes and that got some giggles. Here's video of that and the jumpers:

Then we picked pumpkins. We got four this year to represent each of us in our growing family. I wanted to find a gourd that had a bump on it to represent me and LL. But Brett said that was weird. ha! :) We also looked at some more hu-MUM-gus flowers.


Brady is about 1/2 the size of Daddy these days. How do we know? They stood next to the Pumpkinville Measuring Stick to size up.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

what fun!
and i'm sure your fall was scary...but thankful you felt her so soon after!

Soma said...

I'm glad all turned out ok with the fall! How very scary .

Also, I can relate to the independent toddler. K has been like that for a long time, but it has reached an all-time high lately!! The terrible twos are in full-effect in the Kalb household!!