Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Like Daddy

For the past three days, when I'm getting Brady dressed in the morning he asks me, "Like Daddy?" when I'm putting his pants on. It's so cute. I think it's because my mom and I both said that to him last week when we wanted to get him out of his jammies. ("Come on Brady! Let's change out of your jammies and put your jeans on- just like Daddy!") He is proud to be like Daddy. Today with his running pants and sweatshirt, I assured him he looked like Daddy on weekends.


Although, he must have known that the hand-me-down St. John's sweatshirt was not quite like Daddy. It's cold and rainy this morning so I put a hat on to go outside. Brady grabbed his hat, put it on, and said, "Like Daddy. Hokies!"
Other funnies- as it is fall, Daddy's whereabouts have changed. It used to be when Brady asked me where Daddy was, I'd reply "Daddy's working." So when Brady could not find Brett, he'd say, "Daddy working." Recently when he's said this or asked me where Daddy is on Saturdays, I say, "Daddy's at the Hokie game." So now if you ask Brady where Daddy is, he says "Daddy at work." or "Hokie game!" :p

He's also parroted many of the things my mom said to him last week. Whenever she'd leave him for a moment, she'd say, "Be right back." So now he says it too. When he went to the bathroom, he told Monkey, "Be right back." When we left to run errands this weekend, he pet Romey and said, "Be right back Moe-mey!" It's a riot!

His long term memory and cognition seem to be developing as well. I can remember reading about this development when Kadyn went through it and thinking, "that must be so fun!" It totally is! It's emerging still (and not quite where Kadyn was just yet), but we note that Brady is beginning to be able to draw on recent past experiences and recount them. For example, Mimi found a shriveled balloon behind the living room couch. She and Brady played with it for a little while before it deflated and she put it in the trash. The next day Brady said, "No balloon? (which has finally evolved from "kyoon" to "noon" and now "balloon") Mimi put it in the trash." Good memory bud! Yes, she did. Also, when I ask him about his time at daycare, he does try to tell me a story. It helps to have something tangible. For example, yesterday they made a craft with the letter "e." Ms. Adela said, "Show Mommy your letter." and Brady said, "E! Elephant!" and then pantomimed gluing the papers on the letter "e" and said, "Adela help." So I got it that they talked about the letter "e" and that elephant starts with "e" and that Adela helped him with his craft. Again, not quite there, but an emerging skill that is so neat to see develop!

1 comment:

Soma said...

Yay, Brady!!! Now if only Kadyn could get some mad soccer skills like you!!