Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

A Split Girls' and Boys' Weekend

This weekend the Littlest Luhring and I went to Charleston, SC to meet my one month old nephew. It marked a milestone in the Luhring Life as it was the first time ever (2.5 years if you count the time I was pregnant with him) that I have been apart (overnight) from Brady. Yes, I have been with the child his entire life...in 21 months I have not spent a night without him. Brett has had a few business trips and overnight Hokie games in this time, but I've always been with my boy. I was so much more dramatic about this than Brady was. I cried in the airport security line when I saw a family ahead of me putting their stroller through the x-ray machine and thought, "This is not how it's supposed to be! I want my family!" Oh the drama. :) Good thing I had my other baby with me in my protruding belly because that seemed to offer some sort of explanation to the TSA agent working the security line. "Hormones," I said to him. He just looked at me like I was crazy, but I wasn't flagged as a security risk or anything. :) (The picture above was taken on the way to the airport. I thought little dude looked adorable just chilling with his feet up on my suitcase.)

Anyway, so I survived and actually had a great time visiting with my sis and B and b had a fun boys' weekend. I told Brett he was to take his temporary duty assignment as family historian seriously and blog about everything they did. He did do a great job taking pictures, but if I wait for him to post, we'll really be back-blogged for a while! So I'm posting the pictures sans stories because I don't know them completely.

Here's how the Littlest Luhring and I spent our weekend- relaxing, chatting, and admiring the cute sweet baby that Josiah is.

The boys met up with visiting amigos (Neil, Stacey, Renee and host Michelle) at Chevy's for dinner on Sunday night.
Apparently on Monday, Brett organized a community service project. That is, he attempted to seed our lawn and employed several neighborhood volunteers to assist.



Don't worry- Brett is mindful of child labor laws. He did permit some goofing off and of course, water breaks.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

that was SO much fun for them!!!