Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Dr = No Jumping On The Bed

I wanted to remember this cuteness...after being home sick with Daddy yesterday and then going in late and being picked up early from daycare today due to a high fever, I took Brady to the pediatrician. He's so much more verbal now than he's been in our past visits. So while we waited in the exam room for the doctor, he kept asking (in a loud voice), "Wheh-ah ahh you Doc-tah?" because I told him that's who we were waiting for. It was cracking me up...that's what he says when he's looking for something, anything...Mommy, Daddy, his golf ball, as in "Where are you golf ball?" It's very cute. I love it!

Then he kept asking me if he could open the exam room door and I kept replying, "No, the doctor will open the door." At the word "doctor," he would wag his finger and say, "No jumping on the bed!" You know, because that's what doctors say...or at least they do in his favorite Five Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed book and song. So then Dr. Hill arrives and Brady's still wagging his finger. I explained to her that he thinks that's what doctors do/say. She obliges by wagging her finger and saying, "I'm the doctor. No more monkeys jumping on the bed!" and we are rewarded with this giant smile. There would be truth in his storytelling tonight when his Daddy asks him what the doctor said. So fun!

1 comment:

Amber said...

That is the cutest freaking story ever!