Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Here Comes Peter Cottontail

We followed him down the bunny trail in our neighborhood for an egg hunt this afternoon. Brady's transportation choice was the wagon. Excellent pick, buddy!

The kids were awesome! I wasn't sure how this was going to go (would the eggs be hidden? would there be enough for everyone?), so I tried to prep Brady and said, "Everybody gets one egg." Well it was actually very well-planned. They had sections roped off by age group and Lots of eggs were just laying in the grass. Sylvie and Brady waited patiently for the go-ahead.
Once they received the okay-to-start, Brady goes in to the area, gets one egg- and is happy, ready to call it a day. sweet boy! He goes, "Mommy! I got one egg!" Realizing that it was fine to grab a bunch, I told him so and he looked around first at others and then back at me. Then he put a few more in his basket. Papa was with Sylvie. He told me that the opposite was true for her. She immediately went to work filling her basket; apparently having no trouble understanding the concept of collecting the eggs. So Brady got points for kindness and rule-following and Sylvie got points for concept-grasping. :p


Checking out their loot-



Inside were these fun mini little animals that Sylvie is showing me here-

They had these orange juicers (oj + club soda) and Brady thought this special treat was cool...and Sylvie thought her straw was cool. win-win :)
Sylvie is wearing a pair of Brady's hand-me-down pants. I Love the look on her- so of course, I took a bunch of pictures of her bumper. :)
"Sylvie-straining funny-face" ;p



Heading home

Brett arrived home from Texas shortly after we came back from the egg hunt. We went up to Clyde's for dinner. The hay bales and stage from the Earth Day festival they hosted earlier in the day were still around and provided additional entertainment. I told Brady he looked like a rock star wearing his shirt jumping around on the stage. Later when it was chilly, I asked him to put his jacket on and he said, "But then I won't be a rock star!" You're Always a rock star, dude. :)


No comments: