Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, February 5, 2011

"Let's Go To The Mall!"

In need of a 40th birthday present for Mr. Sean's birthday party tonight, we headed to the mall this morning. As she ran around and tried to take it all in, I realized this was Sylvie's first time in the mall as a cognizant little person. (I don't go to the mall much and I don't think I've taken her since she was an infant- when she slept the entire time.) It was fun to watch her experience it all...she pressed her nose against the glass on the second level to people-watch those on the first level; she power-walked (she's fast!) freely; she window-shopped and looked at all the pretty things. Welcome to the mall little girl!

This sweet older lady thought Sylvie was just adorable and wanted to take a family picture for us. After 5 attempts, here's what we have. She was super sweet though (and I think the iPhone camera was confusing to her...and the kids too- who didn't know to look at "the lady with the 'camera' "). :)




The jewelery caught her eye- go figure!

They were thrilled with the all-access pass I gave them to play with the dishwasher at Sears. (I am always saying, "Please stop climbing on the dishwasher; please stop taking the utensils out; no, that basket is not for carrying around- go find a real toy to play with." at home.) We had to pass the time waiting for the train to circle back around somehow! :)

Both kids Loved the mall train. Sylvie watched out the window and made her happy sounds. It was so darn cute!


While Sylvie and I went to the infamous women's lounge in Nordstrom for a diaper change, the boys hung out. I had no idea that Brady could ride the escalator by himself (or that Brett let him!) until I saw this video. Cool dude!

I also didn't notice this until I watched the video, but Mr. Sean (the birthday man!), Miss Jenny, Wyatt, and Wesley were at the mall (going on the train) too and are in this video. Brady runs right around them! SO funny! (When we went to Sean's party later this evening, they told us they were also attempting to burn some toddler energy this morning...and apparently we have documentation of that! LOL!)

No comments: