Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, February 11, 2011

Fav Day- Feb 11

Ah, if only it was always like this- where I feel good about my work week and what I was able to get done, where the kids are so funny and fun to be with, where the house is "semi-clean" (hey, it's the best I can hope for these days!)...if only Brett were home- that would be perfect! But he does get home this evening, so that's cool! I kept both kids home from daycare today to make it a true FavDay and spend it with my favorite little people! It's been a while since we've done this b/c I prefer that Brady have the consistency of a school week. But we've just been having too much family fun- LOVE it!

Playtime this morning- most of it spent in parallel play in their own little worlds...until Sylvie decided she had to have the lego Brady was playing with. Then she'd walk over and swipe it and honestly a few times this was met with a very sweet, "That's okay, Sylvie. You can have that one." which resulted in a smiley Sylvie and her "hee hee" giggle. Other times it was met with a screeching, "NO Sylvie! You're breaking the tower! I need that one!" which resulted in a grumpy- face Sylvie and her "ehh! ehh!" angry vocalization.
Then we ran some errands and I carted them through three different stores. Again, they were both SO good, which made life good. :) We decided to have lunch at Target- so fun, so easy!

He wanted Sylvie to be a "cool dude" too.

After naps, we went outside to play and wait for Daddy to get home. It was warm out, but the giant piles we'd made gave them a final chance to shovel before it all melts away. I should have taken video instead of stills. The sound of Sylvie's giggles as her brother chipped away at the pile and "made it snow" in her hair again was So cute. Her copy-catting was also adorable.

Little bear- so stinkin' cute

Then we got the toy vehicles out. After watching her brother on it, Sylvie tried to get on the big wheel. But wound up just pushing it around.

Speaking of her brother, Brady was funny. While he rode down the sidewalk, I held a baseball bat in his way to play a game we call "toll road." After paying 1 or 2 times (counting his dollars out as he slapped my hand), he came upon my "toll" and was not slowing down, I said, "Hey! You have to slow down to pay the toll." He goes, "No, it pays automatically." and zoomed on by. hahahaha! That kid pays attention. Previously, while we were (really) driving on the (real) toll road, he'd asked me, "Why didn't you stop and pay the toll?" and I'd told him about SmartTag/EZ Pass and how we pay the toll automatically.

Sylvie was interesting with the Cozy Coupe. She pointed and made her, "Deh! Deh!" sound telling me she wanted to get in, but she wouldn't put her legs up for me to push her or move her legs herself to make it go.


Most of the time she wound up like this:

and would squawk for help. I'd pull her out of the car and then she'd "Deh! Deh!" and point to get back in. Silly little nugget!

No comments: