Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Loving the Little Luhrings

I have Really been enjoying all of the time with the kids this week. They have been so sweet and actually "easy" even with Daddy out of town. It's awesome to appreciate your kids this way. We truly are blessed! Love love love you little Luhrings!

Sylvie came home with pigtails again today. They're my fav so I had to take pictures of her.

Tonight she was Brady's construction-worker-helper. The foreman was a little bossy, but the crew got the job (which apparently was fixing the ottoman) done. As the apprentice on the job, Sylvie did the heavy lifting.

"Is this the right tool?"


There's a new sheriff fire chief in town!

And b/c I was taking picts of little sis, he insisted, "Take a picture of me and my lotta blocks!"

When the little miss went to bed, we began work on making valentines for Brady's friends and teachers. The project plan for 14 friend valentines and 4 teacher valentines includes a dependency of the 20-minute attention span of a 3-year-old...this is why we began this project four days in advance of the party. :) My intent was for it to be all educational and have him make choices and consider each of his friends. It was mildly successful- we talked about hearts and he followed directions well, but really he just wanted to cut with the "funny grown-up scissors" (the ones I used to use for scrapbooking) and squirt the glue. ha! Another bonus? I got to use some of the scrapbooking supplies I've been storing in the basement for years- for this very purpose! whoohoo!

No comments: