Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Out and About

Today was a BIG day!!! Following prompting from our friend Veronica and assistance from our friend Amanda (and her 3 month old son Jackson), Brady and I went out for the first time without Daddy. Amanda and Jackson came over to our house to help me get ready. Man! You'd think we were going away for a week! I was all sorts of paranoid about forgetting something. Amanda was patient and calm and helped me pack the diaper bag and put Brady in his car seat. Then she supervised me putting the car seat in the car and assured me that she and Jackson would be following in her car right behind me and if I was freaking out to just pull over and she'd be right there. The trip to the mall is about 7 miles (lol!). But for all of those miles, every muscle in my body was tensed up. Brady squeaked a few times, but all was well. It was SUCH a FUN day!!!

I had a little trouble getting the car seat out of the car, but Amanda coached me through it. :)
Victory! (I had Amanda document our success.)

Here we are in Old Navy...where we found a ton of deals and steals (my favs!!!) in the clearance section. We finally decided we'd better head to the checkout when the pile I had accumulated looked as if it was going to topple on Brady. We got 11 baby items (onesies, pants, and shirts) for Brady, 2 tops that I can use for nursing, a pair of sweatpants, 2 zippered sweatshirts (I live in fleece these days!), and a sweatshirt and t-shirt for Brett...all for $52!!! whoo hoo! As if I wasn't already having a great day! Anyone who knows me knows how much I LOVE bargain shopping...this definitely classifies as not just a deal, but a Steal!

The boys were hungry by then. So we decided to find the cleanest bathroom and let them have lunch. We hit the jackpot at Nordstrom's. WOW! The bathrooms and "women's lounge" in there are Awesome! We took pictures in the lounge:

and also took some of the boys together. TOO CUTE!
"Hi Pal!"
"Dude, we're almost the same length.
But you've totally got me beat on head circumference."
"This is how we roll."
The four of us spent over an hour there just hanging out! :) Neither Amanda nor I shop at Nordstom's and we got a kick out of looking at the price tags of some of the outfits...we were LOL at the realization that a zippered hoodie (like the one I had just bought for $4) was $88 here! But hey, they've gotta pay for those nice bathrooms (and the live piano player) somehow!

3 comments:

Soma said...

Impressive! Nice that you had a coach for your first outing. I don't think I left the house with Kadyn alone for over a month - even to take a walk around the neightborhood! Good work! (on the courage and the deals!!)

Kerri said...

Awesome Day ... I still remember how nervous I was with my first outing when Mason was a baby!! Now it seems like we're never home :-) Congrats.

veronica said...

Yeah! I am so glad you did it. Nordstroms is awesome for nursing mommies. See you friday.