Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, December 3, 2010

Santa Claus is Coming to Town

He visited our neighborhood tonight. After I told Brady we were going to see Santa, he kept asking, "Are we going to the North Pole?" When we pulled up to the Nature Center, he said, "Is this the North Pole?" haha! A little too much reading of his latest favorite book, The Polar Express, I think! (This was confirmed when in response to the question, "What will you ask Santa for?" his reply was consistently, "a silver bell.") I was again thankful for the free Santa and the free photos provided by our HOA b/c the resulting photos aren't picture-perfect, but they're memorable. :)

The kids waited pretty patiently. They had some snacks. Brady did one of the Christmas crafts with Papa and Grandma. Sylvie hung out in her comfy clothes. I knew she wouldn't last in her crinoline lined dress for too long but I kept her ready in her tights and a sweatshirt. I am in LOVE with tights on this little girl. I think I might like them even more than I like her leg warmers!

All this time, I was worried about Brady crying when he saw Santa. But no, it was our friendly sweet little girl who wailed this year. Grandma put her down on his lap and Sylvie made her super sad face and screamed. I think Brady was too stunned staring at his sister to even have his own reaction. He's wearing pants- really. They just rode up when he was placed on the big man's lap. So here we have our 2010 visit with Santa- terrified Sylvie (who we tried pacifying with cheese...didn't work, but you do get a clear view of the cheese chunk in her full-wail mouth. lol!) and distracted, shorts-modeling Brady, who never looked up at the camera.

Well, at least Santa's looking here. ha!

When we got home, I took a few more pictures of the pretty girl and the handsome boy. I wish Brett had been home to take these pictures...then they would have been clear. My learning curve with the SLR is steep. ;p




Yup, she's at it again!


No comments: