Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Holiday Express


To indulge Brady's new found love of trains, we visited the B&O Railroad Museum's Holiday Festival of Trains. (I thought it was neat to just go to "B&O RR." To me, that's just a spot on the Monopoly game- ha!) I didn't get much more educational information from this visit to the museum (so it's still just a Monopoly reference to me). But that's okay- I'd rather see these things through the eyes of my almost three-year-old and almost one-year-old. We enjoyed looking at the moving model trains and the engine cars, riding on a real train with Santa, playing with the toy trains, and giggling at the blow-up figures (that last one was all Sylvie, see below).

As noted, we breezed through the museum portion (or rather the kids and I did). Daddy and the grandparents were able to get a little education on railroad history. I was dragged out by the hand and a plea, "Come ON, Mommy! I wanna see more trains!"




The highlight for Brady was riding on a Real train with a Real conductor...and Santa, the engineer was making rounds too.

Sylvie whimpered at the sight of Santa, so he got up and visited with her big brother. Brady told him he would like a train, but then was just as delighted to get a candy cane from the jolly fellow! Awesome.

The little miss is not a fan of Santa, but she Loves big puffy characters. There were many giggles and squeals when she discovered Frosty.

Aren't those red tights so.darn.cute?!


Tickets please!


ALL Aboard!

No comments: