Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, December 3, 2010

Mama

Lately, Brady has been calling me "mama" at times. Somehow he must just know that that pulls my heart strings. When I'm exhausted and tired of him asking something of me for the millionth time, he'll all of a sudden say, "Mama?" in his sweet voice and it makes me melt. I would do anything for him.

Last night he called out to me in the middle of the night. He's been doing this a lot lately. He wakes up yelling, "Mommy! Come here quick!" or "Mommy! I need you." I'm not sure if it was an unpleasant dream or what. But all he really needs is for me to tell him I'm there and then to lay down next to him. I can usually hear him falling back to sleep within a minute or two. Last night I waited for 5 minutes, and then went to get up. He sat straight up in bed and said, "Mama?" It squeezed my heart, and I laid right back down. 10 minutes later, I tried the same thing with the same result. 30 minutes later I was asleep on the floor next to him (as I often find myself lately) and I felt his little hand reach out and pat me. I opened my eyes and he was just checking that I was there. I saw his little sleepy smile and then he laid his head back down. We both fell asleep and finally at 3:30 (90 minutes after I'd come in), I woke up on the floor and went back to my bed.

It can be exhausting; almost like having an infant again (maybe that helps explain the circles under my eyes?). But I know it's temporary and it's just what he needs right now. I'm okay with him needing me. I need you too, bud.

No comments: