Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, December 11, 2010

A Splash of Color

The kids and I went to Home Depot this morning to buy some colored Christmas lights. Brett's been asking for these for years and before this I kept saying, "No, I like all white lights. It's classy." Again, now as I see the world through my kids' eyes, I've come to agree with Brett (who apparently always had kid-vision when it comes to Christmas lights- ha!). When we are driving home from daycare, I ask Brady if he wants to go straight home or if he wants to drive around the neighborhood and look at Christmas lights. Most days we drive around. :) During these drives, I began to notice that I was more excited for the colored lights. There could be an entire house decorated with icicles and other white lights and it's just not as "fun" as the colored lights or the blow up characters. I'm not there yet with the characters and don't plan on getting any of those, but I gave the green light on colored lights.

Here's Sylvie before we left. She LOVES the singing Christmas tree and stood bouncing and shaking the table he stands on.

Today I let bundled Sylvie ride in the basket (instead of buckled in up front). She was squealing with delight on this super fun ride as I went through the parking lot. I finally took a short video of it.

When we got inside and found the CARts, Brady got in the driver's seat and Sylvie remained loving life as cargo.


At first I kept telling her to sit down (trying to be a little safe, you know?). But then I gave up b/c she was having such a good time standing. One of the HD workers took one look at her and said, "Now she gives new meaning to the words "happy" and "bounce." " Indeed. Sweet bunny.

So she kept falling. But I think the padding provided by her snowsuit cushioned her so much that even that was fun for her!

We bought the last 4 boxes of the big bulb color lights. When Papa and Grandma came over later, Papa had a willing ladder-climbing assistant to help hang the lights.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

we LOVE your colored lights! the kids noticed them RIGHT away!