Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 14, 2008

There's no crying in baseball!


When Brady's crying I often borrow this quote from Tom Hanks in A League of Their Own. This weekend I probably said it to him at least half a dozen times...in like an hour! For the most part, Brady is a pretty happy-go-lucky kid, but since this ear infection, he's been a little crank pot!

On Friday he was fussy in the morning before I dropped him at daycare. (I had to work because FavDay was Wednesday this week when little man was sick.) When I picked him up in the afternoon, Omayma confirmed that he was not his usual self. The crankiness continued on Saturday and on Sunday. He didn't want to be held, but didn't want to be put down...and was VERY vocal about it! It made for an exhausting weekend (for both him and me!).

Notice how there are no actual tears...just a very dramatic result from scrunched up swinging fists and the purple tera dactyl scream. (He'd stop as soon as I picked him up, but then pushed at me to get down...only to start all over again.) I'm on to you buddy, I'm on to you. But I also know what it's like to feel cranky and just want to whine. But I'm also really tired. So let's work through whatever this is, and move on.

No comments: