Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, September 27, 2008

His bark is worse than his bite

I finally gave Brady a "Biter Biscuit" for the first time today. I was concerned that he wasn't ready for them because he only had his bottom two teeth. But with the top two pushing through and his need to bite everything because of this, I decided today was as good a day as any other for him to try one. He seemed to like it. I've been trying to have him only eat in his high chair both for safety purposes and for manners practice. But today I gave him the biscuit while he was just sort of standing around playing in the family room. (You'll note in the video that Brett is having his lunch on the couch...so table manners is something we're working on as a family. :) Brett and I rarely eat at the kitchen table- usually we eat at the island or in front of the tv. I'm planning on changing this behavior when we eat as a family. We'll see how that goes.) :p

So given that Brady stands just 28 inches from the floor and that he was in the middle of the family room waving food around, it was actually Romey's behavior during this new experience that impressed us. He was really good as Brady unknowingly teased him as he pantomimed dipping his biscuit in the air and offered to share with his furry brother (but then changed his mind and retracted his offer) repeatedly.




Needless to say, biscuit biting is messy. I had to change him out of his cool fall look (Riley's RL Polo shirt and shorts) so I could soak the shirt. The little dude eating may not be fun from the laundry task lead's perspective, but I have a feeling Romey is seeing great potential in this new development!

1 comment:

Piggy said...

Sometimes I let Drea eat in front of the TV when I need to get some work done. I would limit screen time if she just sat there like a zombie, but she loves music shows and dances to them, so it's great exercise.