Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

On the beach



I love how you can see his eyelashes in the top picture, his chubby cheeks in the one on the left, and his pudgy hand in the one on the right...that's why I posted them all :)

Brady selected a few books for me to read to him today. Soma, Brady uses the same method as Kadyn...pulling all the books off the shelf! haha! Among his selection (a.k.a all his books) was this one:
It made me chuckle because the current answer to that question, What can you find on the beach? is: MOMMY! lol!

This is the term used in consulting when an employee is not staffed full time on a project. On August 22 following a cut in funding, this was where I found myself for the first time ever (in 10 years of working full time, with 3.5 years consulting at Booz Allen). I was really upset at first because I was worried about the impact on our family. My job has been pretty flexible since I returned from maternity leave and allows me to have a really good work-life balance. They know that my family comes first and have been great about accommodating me as a working mother. These days it's been a little more crazy because I'm staffed on a few temporary projects. This makes for a more demanding schedule. I'm exhausted and feel like I'm in constant motion- but still standing still. Anyway so I'm looking forward to a more permanent project...oh, and I'm also looking forward to Really being on the beach...in Mexico...our vacation is scheduled for mid October- yippee!

Brady's passport came last week. The picture is not one of his best but I think he pulls off the "catching flies" look pretty well. :) Besides, a bad photo on a government issued ID is just part of the process! This is the start of a lifetime of terrible "standard" photos buddy! You have more passport, driver's license, and work badge photos to look forward to!

We find it amusing that a baby needs a passport. They're only good for 5 years, but still it's funny. I mean, Brady's already changed so much in almost 9 months- what's 5 year's time going to do? When he's 4 and still using this passport he'll have to explain, "This is an old photo...I look completely different now. I have hair. And teeth." lol!

2 comments:

Piggy said...

Glad to hear that Brady's feeling better! How cute is that baby passport! Have a safe and fun trip in Mexico! :D

Soma said...

I'm so jealous.