Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Sleepovers

We've been in our new home for about 6 weeks now, and I think Brady has slept in his bed about five times, only once or twice without Sylvie in his room.  His recent fears of being by himself and of the dark began in our old home...so maybe it's just his age?  But he does not like to sleep in his room himself; prefers instead to sleep on Sylvie's floor.  There were some nights that Sylvie would say, "No more sleepover!  I wanna sleep by myself." and Brady would cry hysterically and break her down.  It was actually pretty sweet.  One night it was like this-
"Bwady, you sleep in you-uh Own woom.  No sleepov-ah!"
"Please Sylvie!"
"No.  I sleep by myself."
(crying) "Please Sylvie!  You are hurting my feelings!  I don't want to be alone!  I want a sleepover!"
"Bwady, dares no need to cry!  It's okay.  I'm wight he-ah in my woom, next to yaw-uhs.  Don't wuh-wee." (seriously she said that, and I almost burst!)  But then she gave in when he was just so sad.

When the C-Buds were all here (Dec. 22), the kids slept in our room on the floor.  I took this picture to show Brett why Sylvie really shouldn't sleep anywhere but her toddler bed (b/c she spins like a clock and is all over the place).  Even when she slept in Brady's room, we put her mattress on the floor, but when I went in to check on them, I found her fallen off the mattress, half under Brady's bed. :p  Anyway, so this is how she slept on our floor- with her face in the carpet...beside all the sleeping bags, blankets, and pillows she'd rolled away from.  They looked so cute though-
So ever since the C-Buds were here, we've left the king size air mattress out in Sylvie's room.  I figured its better for Brady to sleep on then the floor was.  Now every night Sylvie joins him, and they are so.darn.sweet.  I would probably take a picture of them every night.  They're just so cute.  I love that they've made the decision to share a room. :)  They talk every night (usually for almost an hour...they don't actually pass out until like 10 PM!)  Here they are on Christmas Eve, when each wanted to sleep with their bathrobes on. ha!  Each time I went in to look at them, they got snugglier and cuter!

No comments: