Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 5, 2013

S-Y-L-V-I-E

Just recently Sylvie started writing her name...and wanting to write her name.  It's remarkable!  Last month I asked her to try and copy letters to write her name for our Christmas card, and the result was okay; age-appropriate, I'd say.  But recently, she's amazed me (and her daycare providers too)!  I picked her up one day this week and Adela reported that after their little lesson, she asked Emma and Jillian (who are just a little bit older) to write their names and took Sylvie's paper to draw the dots for her to connect to "write" her name and Sylvie said, "No. I a big girl.  I can do it myself." and then she wrote a beautiful S, and five other letters that sort of resembled her name while saying, "S-Y-L-V-I-E."  She's been bringing home work with this writing on it.  This morning she asked me if she could practice her letters.  Um, sure!  I wrote her name to look at and she diligently practiced.  She was so darn cute, I took her picture (or rather, a bunch bc she was so cute!)-
 
 
 
 
Another day she came home with her school activity which included a zoo map and money, and she had written her name on the back of each sheet of paper.  I took a picture to document it.  I'm really impressed with this, as it still is before her 3rd birthday (and an "S" is super hard!  Brady just got the hang of that a few months ago!).  I can remember when Brady was her age, I had to write all his Valentines cards out...there was no way he could have written his name.  He was barely recognizing letters at that point.  Wow, second children...you learn so quick.  You do have an excellent teacher and role model in your older brother, Sylvie.  Love you little smarties!
(my favorite is her little "e" which Brett says is an "a" and Brady says is a silly 6.  I say it's PERFECT!!!)


No comments: