Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

3 years old

Happy 3rd Birthday Sylvie!  She's a big girl now, but I keep telling her she will Always be my baby...and she agrees to that. :)  She's still my gal pal, prefers me...and I'll take it while I can get it!  I'm not sure if it's just her age (Brady was like that when he was a tike too) or it's b/c she's a girl.  She does like to segregate us sometimes and often says things like, "We girls. Girls on girl side. Boys on boy side" (separating Daddy and Brady from her and me).

She loves girlie things like the colors pink and purple, dolls, and princess stuff.  But she's also still a bit rough and tumble and can totally hang {wrestle, run, play boy stuff} with Brady and his pals.  She thoroughly enjoys dance class and is an AMAZING student.  It's pretty awesome to see her so motivated and interested...and she's the cutest little dancer I ever did see!

Her language is fantastic.  She makes me laugh with her original thoughts and ability to communicate.  Her semantics are hilarious b/c she uses words appropriately and gets her meaning across.  For example, she says things like, "The trash is going to wind away out there!" (using the noun "wind" as a verb instead of "blow" but you Totally get what she's saying!)  The other day she said to me, "But I want the shirt with the clue on it that Mimi got me!"  I was confused at first, but realized she meant the shirt with the paw print (which she calls "clues" from the Blues Clues tv show which she hasn't seen in forever!)  She'll talk your ear off if given the chance, and she's so cute and funny that she's often given the chance b/c you just Want to listen to her chatter away!  Her verbal acuity is accompanied by very mature-looking expressions...and on her round little face, it only makes the presentation that much more impressive and adorable.

Sylvie still takes a 2-hour nap daily and sleeps about 10 hours at night.  We finally kicked the paci habit after she bit through her last one.  She hasn't had one at daycare for about a year now, but kept insisting on one at home.  She talks and SHOUTS in her sleep.  It's funny and a little disturbing...although apparently not to Brady who's been sleeping in her room for several weeks now. 

Weight: 34.8 lbs (85th percentile)
Height: 37.5 inches (63rd percentile)

No comments: