Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Rude Awakening

Our whole family is in for a rude awakening (literally!) when the kids begin going to a school with a set start time (like elementary school). I just have to comment on our morning routines b/c they will change one day and I'll forget about these glory days. So for a while I was waiting on Daylight Standard Time to begin b/c the kids were actually sleeping in too much- like past 8:30 every day! Usually I do not set an alarm- the kids are my wake-up call. It's been this way for almost 4 years now (since I telework). There are a few days when I have to go to client site in West Va and on those days I get up with my alarm clock. But mostly it's them- either sleepy shuffling Brady armed with no fewer than 3 stuffies (Elephant, Winter, and Downey-- but also whoever else he can grab) or the cutest sweetie peatie voice calling, "Mommy, wey-ah ah you???" that I wake up to. They typically sleep until at least 7:30. Sometimes Sylvie does wake up earlier, but if she calls and I'm not ready, I just don't go to her room. Eventually she stops calling and either plays quietly in her crib (with her stuffies or with the zipper on her jammies- ha!) or she falls back asleep. We've been doing that (ignoring the too-early-wake-up call) since she was about 4 months old. lol! What a good girl she is!

So we're finally all moving and get downstairs by 8. These days, I usually let them watch Dinosaur Train while they eat breakfast. Then just before 9, we load up, go to Ms. Omayma's to drop Sylvie off first and then off to OA to drop Brady off. We're pretty spoiled having an almost 2 and almost 4 year old- yet still sleeping in until about 8 daily. :)

No comments: